Director of Retail Leasing
Our NYC office is seeking a motivated, retail leasing agent to launch the firm’s Retail Leasing Division. You will work in our open office. Candidates must be go-getters, self-motivated, aggressive, tenacious and entrepreneurial by nature. You’ll have a team of investment sales brokers canvasing mixed use and retail properties to help generate leasing opportunities. You will also identify new opportunities by cold calling, prospecting and generating new business, and will have direct involvement in the dealmaking process while working alongside experienced real estate brokers.
The Retail Leasing Director will:
- Hire, train and mentor all Jr. retail leasing Agents and work with Jr. Agents to create a career development plan.
- Lead local and regional growth initiatives to secure new leasing assignments.
- Implement retail leasing plan, which may include but not limited to, marketing the property, calling prospective tenants, site selection, negotiating build-out costs, doing market studies, showing the properties by setting appointments; providing property statistics and leasing information; highlighting benefits, such as, location, surrounding area, transportation, access, neighbors, building systems and services, amenities, occupancy history, owner performance, tenant satisfaction, security, etc.
- Negotiate lease terms that meet or exceed budgets and that address items including, but not limited to rent, term, extra charges, and construction allowances.
- Create a standardized system for leasing the property and oversee the activities of the leasing Agents in the execution of the leasing strategy.
- Qualify potential tenants by reviewing their financial statements, credit report, and checking references.
- Grow company revenues in the area of lease renewals, extensions and expansions.
- Oversee all negotiations related to deal terms and contracts.
- Assist in creating leasing strategies for each of the firm’s listings and oversee execution of such strategy.
- Aggressively and proactively looks for new Tenants to fill vacant spaces by cold calling, warm calling, e-blasts, mailings, and in person canvassing.
- Complete leases by reviewing contract requirements; negotiating terms; obtaining signatures, deposits, and payments.
- Develop property concept by researching and analyzing current use; studying economic, traffic, and population history, trends, and forecasts; preparing and evaluating occupancy
- Create a rotating schedule for regular portfolio reviews with retailers to expose the entire company portfolio.
- Enhance the leasing processes by identifying more efficient and effective ways to service Landlord clients including hardware/software, processes, systems, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must have a New York State real estate license (Salesperson or Associate Broker)
- Must have at least 4 years of retail leasing experience and proven track record of successfully completing transactions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Must be comfortable with proactive sales including extensive cold calling
- Must have basic understanding with commercial real estate financial metrics
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and be comfortable using computers and the Internet on a daily basis to conduct research and other tasks
- A Bachelor’s degree in sales or real estate experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
What to expect from BRG:
- Growth – Ability to develop and lead a team of Jr. Agents
- Training and Mentorship. Unparalleled in-house training structured to enhance salespersons skillset. Accelerated learning process through our mentorship program.
- Experience. Deal experience totaling 300 properties for over $1 billion. We’re the 2016 CoStar POWER BROKER Top Firm Award recipient.
- A company run by Brokers. We know what it takes to become a successful commercial broker in NYC.
- Team based structure.
- Commission – We offer very favorable commission splits
- Must have a 2-5 years of retail leasing experience in NYC
Earning potential is unlimited.