Derek Bestreich is the President of Bestreich Realty Group with over 12 years of experience in commercial real estate. As President, Mr. Bestreich is directly involved in all investment sales and operations with the company and focusing on investment sales and advisory services to multifamily, mixed-use and retail operators and developers throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan.
His sales have been featured in The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, The New York Times, Real Estate Weekly, The Mann Report and The New York Real Estate Journal and have set numerous price records in Brooklyn.
Bestreich and his team have underwritten thousands of properties and have provided guidance to many leading New York City investors. Derek and his wife have lived in Brooklyn since 2006 and have a son, Isaac.
- Consistently considered one of the most capable and active investment sales brokers in NYC, with a thorough understanding of NYC rent stabilization and NYC zoning laws, and NYC and NYS Bureaucratic Departments.
- Highly respected broker throughout the market with extensive relationships.
- Proven track record of over 300 investment property sales including NYC multifamily, mixed use, conversion sites (including J-51), land and ground-up development (including 421A), retail, and NNN.
- Expert at navigating a commercial sales process; is a student of the market; has a strong work ethic, and is a problem solver.
- Provides an even tempered diplomatic approach and has the clients’ best interests at heart; has a positive and winning can-do attitude; gets deals done.
- High achiever with consistent focus and track record of realizing success
- Proven track record of mentoring and grooming top NYC investment sales brokers
- Member of Rent Stabilization Association
- Member of Community Housing Improvement Program